General terms and conditions for the attendees of the LISA 2020
By registering/attending LISA 2020, you hereby agree to the following:
The general terms and conditions for the attendees of the LISA 2020, organized by Društvo Swing Break society are the essential and binding part of the contract-registration between Društvo Swing Break society and the individual who registered to the LISA 2020. If you do not sign (at check-in counter) and agree to this document you will not be able to attend the academy/festival!
By registering to LISA 2020 each individual is expected to pay the adequate fee within the deadline. In case the registration fee has not been paid before the festival, the attendee must pay the fee at the time of the festival before the start of the workshops according to the price list valid on that day. The attendee is responsible for all bank transfer costs.
It is possible that you cannot attend the event and you have to cancel. Grounds for cancellation?
- Generally, you can cancel anytime. You can express your wish through official mail.
- In case we accept your registration, you have to pay within 5 working days (or less if the event is close). If we do not receive your payment in time your registration will be canceled.
- We can cancel your registration any time if your partner cancels.
- We can cancel your registration any time, if we believe that your registration information is false and you cannot provide us evidence to the contrary (like stating you are a leader whilst being a follower).
- If you cannot attend the event it counts as a cancellation, no matter what is the reason. So a canceled flight, an injury, an illness, a sudden working weekend or anything else, counts as a cancellation and the cancellation rules are applied.
What happens when my registration is canceled?
- If you cancel your participation we cannot give back money. However, if you cancel before the 15th of January, we are happy to move your payment minus 20 euros to next year where you can use it again.
- If you cancel, we might cancel your partner’s registration or any team member’s registration from your member to keep the balance of the classes and balls. We apply the same cancellation policy in their cases.
- We cannot change these rules because of illness, canceled flight or any other reason.
Is there any financial insurance?
- We can not provide such service.
- An insurance company might be able providing you such service.
Organizer has all rights to change the time, location and price of the workshops and of evening dances. Organizer has right to change number of dance levels if there is less than 30 registrated participants registered for certain level.
As flights can be cancelled, or can be delayed, teachers can miss their flight. Also a teacher might get ill. So we cannot guarantee, that all announced teachers will be present. It means that your class schedule might be changed, or you will have different teachers than announced.
INJURIES AND THEFTS
You recognise that dancing is a physical activity and can be strenuous and may even cause physical injury, and you are fully aware of the risks and hazards involved. You declare yourself physically healthy and are safely capable of participating in this event and its classes, dances, training, and/or rehearsals. You agree to assume all responsibility for any injuries or damages which you may sustain while taking part in the event, and you knowingly and voluntarily waive any claims against Društvo Swing Festival and its organisers, staff, employees, and independent contractors for any injuries, known or unknown, that you may sustain as a result of participating in the event.
You acknowledge that Društvo Swing Festival and its organisers, staff, employees, and independent contractors are not responsible for any loss or theft of your belongings.
PHOTOS and VIDEOS
Where photographs are being taken at an event attended by large crowds within a public area, such as a sports event or a festival, the consent of all the attendees is not necessary. Društvo Swing Festival may use photos or videos of the event in which you may appear for promotional purposes (on Facebook pages, on our web sites, flyers, logos) and waive any rights of compensation or ownership.
CODE OF CONDUCT
By registrattion for academy/festival the attendee is bound to behave in accordance with the general rules of conduct and with the existing Slovenian laws – all while respecting the house rules. In case of misdemeanor you will be in the jurisdiction of the police station Ljubljana and the Ljubljana Court of Justice.
VALID LAW AND JURISDICATION
Ljubljana Court of Justice is competent for all disputes between the clients according to Slovenian law.
SIGNATURE or AGREEMENT TO GENERAL CONDITIONS
By signing and paying for LISA 2020, you state state that you read and fully understand the content of this document and will obey all the rules and regulations. You voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions listed above.
Ljubljana, November 2019